Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Unconditional Love


Unconditional love means keeping your heart open all the time. To do so, you may need to let go of the expectations you have of other people, of wanting them to be anything other than what they are. It means letting go of any need for people to give you things, act in certain ways, or respond with love. Many of you wait for other people to be warm and loving before you are. Unconditional love is learning to be the source of love rather than waiting for other to be the source. ~ Sanaya Roman

3 comments:

Rustique Gal said...

Yvonne, just catching up on your last 4-5 posts. You have so much valuable information here! I love the affirmations you have and how you handle self esteem issues. I'm 4 years out from lap band surgery and about 80 lbs less than I was.I've been further down, bouncing around since last summer. If you have time to visit me at http://rustiquetoo I'd love to hear any ideas you may have!
Thanks, Sherry

Donna said...

"Many of you wait for other people to be warm and loving before you are."

This struck a chord with me. It's not like a wait with intention. It's more about security and lack of confidence, that I wait for signals that someone is "safe" or "okay" to approach without rejection. Thanks for the reminder.

Donna said...

"Many of you wait for other people to be warm and loving before you are."

This struck a chord with me. It's not like a wait with intention. It's more about security and lack of confidence, that I wait for signals that someone is "safe" or "okay" to approach without rejection. Thanks for the reminder.