Monday, May 17, 2010

Calling all WLS peeps! Need your help!


This will be short and sweet. I'm getting ready to go to California for the Obesity Help Southern California event. Pictures will be posted when I return!

Today I opened People Magazine and saw something I haven't seen in a long time.... a story that was positive about weight loss surgery. After writing People magazine for some time I have been begging for something positive and it's finally happened!

I've got a favor to ask.

I would consider it a huge favor if you could shoot an email to editor@people.com and tell them how much you appreciate the story on WLS. By the way it's about Zulekha Haywood (daughter of supermodel Iman) who had surgery and lost 157 pounds. If we do this during this next week I am hoping they will publish someone's email. You can also sign it "anonymous" if you wish.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone willing to participate!
WLS smooches...
Yvonne


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will write the editor now!
Antonia

Unknown said...

I can't believe it but we made it! You can see the entire post and a picture on the main board on Obesity Help here:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4185812/WE-DID-IT-People-magazine-responded-to-our-letters/

Thank you everyone that participated! Much love, Yvonne